Pleasant Grove House: Visitor Center
The Pleasant Grove House is home of the Fluvanna Visitor Center. The center is a certified tourist information center by the Virginia Tourism Corporation. The Visitor Center includes two museum exhibits along with area information and travel brochures. The exhibits highlight Fluvanna history and river and rail transportation.
The Pleasant Grove House, historically restored in 2014, sits in Fluvanna’s 900-acre Pleasant Grove Park that includes 22 miles of trails for hiking, biking, and horse riding. The park has multiple fields for soccer, lacrosse, baseball, and softball. Other features include picnic shelters, disc golf, a dog park, and an amphitheater. The house was built in 1854 by the Haden Family. The County purchased the property in 1994.